The warranty is provided by THORNADO (ABN: 83 146 014 324) ("The Company") for the customer sole benefit. To be eligible to make a claim under this warranty, customer must retain the purchase receipt. The warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser. The company guarantees to the buyer that the equipment will be free from defects caused by faulty materials or poor workmanship for a period no longer than twelve months from the date of delivery.
1.1 Warranty Period
The warranty period for the Thornado equipment is 12 months commences on the date of sale of the equipment
As far as law permits, the Warranty Period will not be extended, renewed, or transferable with subsequent resale, repair or replacement of the item. Repaired parts will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, or for the thirty (30 days) from the date of repair, whichever is longer.
1.2 Warranty Exclusions
The warranty does not apply to, or in any way cover:
- Cosmetic damage such as the exterior finish that do not affect the functionality of the equipment;
- Exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- Normal wear and tear of anvils, blades, hooks, or other parts and dulling of cutting edges;
- Any failure arising from abnormal or improper use of the equipment;
- Any failure arising from use of the equipment in a manner contrary to law;
- Any failure arising from accident, natural disaster, abuse, sabotage, vandalism, misuse, lack of maintenance, contaminated fluids or neglect or failure to operate, store and/or maintain the equipment in accordance with instructions provided in the Instruction Manual supplied with the equipment.
- Any parts or services required for the normal and regular maintenance of the equipment e.g. lubricants, engine tune-ups etc;
- Any damage to, or seizure of, the equipment due to engine tuning different from that set out in the Instruction Manual supplied with the equipment;
- Any failure arising from the use of incorrect fuel or fuel and oil mix for the engine or incorrect chain and bar oil for the oil pump, or incorrect lubricating oil in a four stroke engine;
- Any failure arising from any unauthorised assembly, repair or modification of the equipment by any person;
- This warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable part which have ceased working through normal wear and tear.
1.3 Warranty Claim
Should service become necessary during the warranty period, the purchaser should do at their own expense in the following way:
- The customer must inform the company as soon as the warranty claim arises and provide a written description of the fault and the receipt number;
- The company service department will issue a return merchandise authorization number (RMA number);
- The customer must send the equipment back to the company including the original proof of purchase and the RMA number (The company will not accept the return of any item/s without an RMA attached) and your written description of the fault; and
- Subject to the applicable consumer laws in your jurisdiction, the customer must pay for all packing, freight and insurance cost for transit of the product back to us. Upon receive your item, the company will inspect prior to any resolution being provided. If the warranty claim is accepted, the company will, subject to the applicable consumer laws in your jurisdiction, at its cost:
- Repair or replace any faulty parts or rectify any faulty workmanship; and
- Return the equipment to the customer.
The company may not accept the warranty claim in cases where the customer has contributed to the failure, or been misleading in their description of their issues. Where freight costs were incurred by the company to return customer item for inspection, reimbursement to the company may be required prior to releasing the goods. The item is also to be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense. Where item was purchased with free postage, freight costs are to be set at 20% of the item cost. Payment to be made to the company within 14 days of being notified of warranty rejection. Storage fees to apply beyond 14 days at 5% of the original product cost until the credit expires. Where money is owed to the company for repairs and/or postage, the company is entitled to hold onto the item until payment is made.
The Fine Print
Products sold by the company are not intended for use where fail-safe operation is required. As with any electronic or mechanical equipment such as an automobile, aircraft, computer or consumer good, there is always a small chance of a technical issue that needs to be repaired or may require replacement of the equipment or a part. If the possibility of such failure and the associated time it takes to rectify could in any situation inconvenience the user, business or employee, or could financially effect the user, business or employee then the product is not suitable for your requirements. This equipment is not for use where incorrect operation or a failure of any kind, including but not limited to a condition requiring product replacement, service by a technician or replacement of parts could cause a financial loss, loss of employee time or an inconvenience requiring compensation.
2. RETURN/EXCHANGE OF EQUIPMENT
2.1 Except where otherwise agreed by the Company, equipments are to returned within 7 days after receiving the notification and confirmation from the company.
2.2 The customer agree to pay all postage cost for return or refunds.
2.3 The customer agree to securely packed to ensure the equipment is received back by the company in original and re-saleable condition.
2.4 The customer agree to the handing fee associated with the return of equipments. The handling fee of 20% applied to the purchase price. Some equipment can be offered with free delivery or flat fee. Please be aware that if customer returns one of these equipment, the company actual delivery costs will be deducted from the refund. So if customer decides to return the equipment then the company will refund the purchase price, less the delivery costs and handling fee.