Important information and who we are
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. Information may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- Providing order confirmation;
- Processing and delivering of orders including fraud prevention;
- Updating you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
- Providing you with relevant product information, communicating promotional offers, marketing information or special events;
- Personalising your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
You may advise Thornado if you do not wish to receive any promotional offers, marketing information or special events from Thornado..
How do we protect visitor information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Thornado uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details.
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from Thorado website. In exceptional circumstances Thornado may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. Thornado is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages with in Thornado you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Do we use "cookies"?
Our website use "cookies" to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the site and also allows us to improve our site.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).