Wide range of quality camlock couplings for a quick connect, fluid transfer hose fittings that can be used across many applications including water, petroleum and chemicals and food industry. Our stock include aluminium, stainless steel 316 and polypropylene camlock.
What Is the Significance of Camlock Couplings in Industries?
Camlock couplings are also called cam and groove fittings. They increasingly gain popularity in numerous industries nowadays. The innovative technology behind the working of the Camlock coupling provides a simple and reliable method for connecting and disconnecting hoses without the use of extra tools. They are effortless to use and are extremely versatile and suitable for multiple purposes and settings.
Camlocks are heavy-duty and untroublesome couplings. They are handy tools and can be used in agriculture, homebrew, military, and industrial environments. Camlocks are most commonly used in large industries.
Thornado aims to provide you with safe and efficient services. We deal in water pumps, hoses and fittings, generators, stationary engines, and much more. We have many years of experience in this industry and provide practical solutions to your problems. Be it your requirements in farms where irrigation needs to be done or civil construction, we have everything available for you.
Uses of Camlock couplings
Camlock couplings are perfect for the transfer of both dry materials and fluids. There are plenty of uses associated with the Camlock couplings including the transfer of water, fuel, food, or sand and making them suitable for all kinds of industrial purposes.
It is crucial to choose the right material from which the couplings are made to facilitate the easy transfer of materials through them. Below are some of the common Camlock applications and the materials from which they are made:
- Polypropylene and Nylon Cam Locks are widely used in the chemical industry for the careful transfer of liquids and irrigation purposes in the agricultural industry.
- Aluminum Alloy Camlocks are great for use with freshwater or mixtures of oil and water.
- Stainless Steel Camlocks are perfect for transferring acid, alkali, and corrosive substances.
- Brass Camlocks work very efficiently for transmitting salty water. They are suitable for almost every environment except for acid and alkali.
Some substances cannot be used with any type of Camlock coupling. For example, Cam and groove couplings cannot be used for steam applications. Using Camlocks for steam is extremely dangerous and can lead to an explosion.
Available styles of Camlock couplings
There are a variety of styles and sizes available for Camlock couplings. Some of them are mentioned below:
- A: male adapter with a female thread
- B: female coupler with a male thread
- C: coupler with a shank (hose barb)
- D: coupler with a female thread
- E: adapter with a shank
- F: adapter with a male thread
- DC: dust cap
- DP: dust plug
Available sizes of Camlock couplings
Benefits of Camlock couplings
There are some benefits which you can get to experience when you decide to buy cam and groove fittings.
- They have a long life
- They are quite easy to handle
- Easy maintenance
- Widely available
- High-quality product
- Extensive warranty
- They are affordable
Camlock couplings are handy tools that are extremely easy to use. It is particularly important to quickly go through the Camlock applications mentioned above so that you can select the proper tool for your purpose.
Why should you select us?
- We have all the material that Camlock applications require and provide services at a reasonable price.
- We keep more than 90% of products in stock with us to assist you in every way possible.
- We never compromise on quality and complete our work with full customer satisfaction.
- We are available from 08.30 AM to 04.00 PM and just a call away from you.
- Our high-quality and durable products form the backbone of our business and are available with full 12 months warranty backup.