Thornado has been manufacturing and supplying top quality industrial hoses since 2013. Thornado believe in the importance of offering an excellent service to all its customers along with a continuous new product research and development. All our products are manufactured keeping in mind the safety of our customers.
There are variety of industrial hoses to suit different application such as mechanical, industrial, private and commercial use. Thus, it is important to understand what type of hose you need to make an informed decision in choosing the correct hose suitable for your application.
Industrial hoses are generally made of materials include PVC, polyurethane and rubber with added reinforcement from high tensile textile cord, PVC helix to high tensile steel wire braid. These construction matrixes resulting in hoses with different pressure rating, flexibility, chemical resistance, operation temperature and application.
Suction hose is a rigid type hose works under negative pressure operation. These hoses are built to withstand vacumn, rather than water pressure, abrasion and heat. They are therefore constructed differently to the delivery hoses. Our range of suction hoses include PVC grey hose, Air seeder transparent hose, tiger tail hose, rubber contractor hose and etc.
Delivery hose works under positive pressure operation. This hose is subjected to pressure greater than the atmospheric pressure. Delivery hose comes in two types, lay flat hose or rigid hose to suit different application. This hose generally has higher pressure rating. Our range of delivery hose include pvc layflat hose, fire fighting hose, compressed air hose, rubber suction and delivery hose, and etc.
Types of Industrial hoses
Some of the most common types of industrial hoses that you might encounter, include
- Air hose - Air hoses are commonly used in compressor, jackhammer, air brake, pneumatic tools. The working pressure of this hose is generally 20 bar (300 PSI). Air hoses are often constructed from PVC or synthetic rubber with added layers of high tensile textile reinforcement.
- Agriculture - The common type of hose that is used in Agricultural industry is travel irrigator hose. Travel irrigator hose is a flexible layflat hose constructed from polyurethane (TPU) or rubber ensures maximum abrasion and chemical resistance, while the warp and weft of high tenacity filament yarns give maximum strength. This strong internal fabric can withstand the high tensile load applied to the hose when it is dragged behind an irrigator.
- Fire Fighting - Fire hose is a high-pressure hose that carries water or other fire retardant to a fire to extinguish it. Due to the nature of its application, fire hose requires special construction technique and material to enable it to work effectively under a very demanding situation.
- Material handling hose – This hose is otherwise called the abrasive hose. This is basic for the following types of shipping or transportation of gas, fog, powder, molecules, fibre, rock, solid, compost and coal ash. Liquids containing strong particles of sand, cement and gypsum can also be transported by it.
- Food and beverage – This hose is mainly used in food and beverage industry to convey liquid such as juice, milk, oils, honey and etc. The materials that used in the tubing needs to meet government health and safety regulation and industry standards. This hose need to be free from phthalates.
For more information on our industrial hoses, click the below link and reach us.