Importance of Claw Coupling in Industries
Claw coupling is a universal couplings having claws that are embedded on each face of the coupling. These claws find their application in corresponding notches on the opposite faces. Claw coupling is generally used for air and water transfer application. It allows efficient hose assembly connection by just pushing two part together and turning.
Thornado is a leading distributor of the world best known claw coupling manufacture Alfagomma Minquip. The Minquip range is suitable for heavy duty application in air and water transfer.
The claw couplings are divided into the following types:
- Claw type A – European style (claw distance 42mm)
- Claw type B – US style (claw distance 41mm)
- Claw type S – Australian style (claw distance 45mm)
Benefits of Minquip claw couplings
- The type-A couplings have been updated with a fully machined toroidal cavity. This cavity design provides improved sealing at both low pressure and high pressure.
- The high-quality oil resistant nitrile toroidal cavity seals are softer allowing for greater ease of coupling. There is no need for special tools to insert replacement seals.
- The male and female thread length for Type-A couplings have been increased to prevent threads bottoming out when tightening
- he new Minquip claw hose inserts offer an industry first non-twist design for sizes up to and including 25mm. Minquip hose inserts and interlocking safety clamps prevents coupling rotation during connection.
- The Minquip claw couplings are made from a high strength carbon steel with a zinc plated finish to ensure longevity. All Minquip claw couplings comply to the pressure requirements of AS2660 and AS/NZ 2554.
Why should you get in touch with us?
We are among the leading claw coupling providers and expanding our business continuously. We provide our services at a reasonable rate and make our customers satisfied with our work. Be it mining, fire services, or civil construction, we are always ready to assist you with your projects in every possible way. Our top-quality products come with a 12-months warranty backup. Our experts are also up for providing you with professional advice.